Sunday, September 19, 2010

Alyssa's Birthday


This just has to be done.... I’ve started this blog a dozen times in the last month. I will not sleep until it’s posted.

Alyssa turned 3 on August 17th and we had a fantastic day! The day before her birthday she started telling me all her friends were going to come over for her birthday. This was not the plan but I could tell she was so excited so I quickly called a few and invited them to come for lunch the next day. On her birthday I took her to a little dance class at the church that she loved. Then her friends came over and I had her go in the back to watch a movie for a minute because Hayden REALLY wanted to do a surprise party. I snuck the kids in and then called Alyssa to come out for lunch. We yelled surprise and she got scared and sad... oh well, Hayden loved it. She had a blast with her friends, we did the cake that she decorated herself and she blew out all the candles. Once she was all rested up we waited for Tom and then all headed out to Cocok’s Spa where her and Danica got pedicures! She was so excited because Danica had been telling her about the time she had gotten it done and Alyssa loves nail polish.
Here she is trying to pick a design


After the fun and relaxing we went out to dinner and then home to presents.
Alyssa is such a fun loving, quick to smile, loves to laugh kind of girl. She is constantly launching herself on me for hugs and is the best snuggler. She enjoys pretending she is “mom” and walks around calling me “honey.” Her imagination is vivid and she loves to pretend and gets scared easily worrying about monsters and spiders. Her favorite game is “mom and dad” with Danica and Alyssa is usually the baby. She has mastered the art of giving a big huge grin to get out of trouble followed by “Are you happy mommy?” She’s even gone so far as to smile and say “I love you mommy” when I catch her doing something wrong. Good thing she is usually such a sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment