Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ahhhh!!!!!!

What can ruin a perfect evening of spending time with my kids? Let me tell you...there we were, relishing the fact that it had actually cooled off enough to make us want to go jump on the trampoline to kill time after dinner. It was Saturday and Tom was at a church meeting. I was chasing the kids in circles and playing a new zombie game that Hayden made up. Then it was Hayden's turn to be the zombie, he laid down on the trampoline, closed his eyes and when he opened them he just froze, pointed his finger and started stammering "ummm...mom...ummmm....mom..." I looked at where he was pointing and found this, dangling above my head!!!

Danica yelled "Kill it mom!" I yelled "Run!" and we all scrambled off the tramp as quick as we could. Luckily, Tom walked in the front door as we ran in the back. He came to our rescue, took pictures of it (you can see the top off the trampoline net enclosure in the second picture to give perspective) and then killed it for us. He sprayed it with spider killer then knocked it out of it's web onto the trampoline, you should have heard the THUD it made! It was still alive so he flicked it off the trampoline and told me to step on it. Yeah right! I was in flip flops!!! But I had the spider spray in my hand so I coated him with it and that was the end! I ran in the house and didn't look back! Tom informs me I need to go clean the guts off the trampoline before I let the kids jump again...hmmmm....when will that be? We've been out there a lot lately and that spider and his web were so big he's been around a while, I wonder how long he's been watching us and we just didn't notice because we never looked up! You can guarantee I will always check from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment