Sunday, September 27, 2009

Round 1- Japanese Super Fun

We went to this awesome Japanese recreation center on Friday as part of a family fun day for Tom’s work. It's called Round 1 and is this huge indoor facility with a little bit of everything to do. It had ball pits and bike tracks for the kids, basketball, tennis, ping pong, darts, etc. for the adults, a roller skating rink, huge arcade with free games and much more. In the kids play area they had 8 nice big massage chairs for the adults to sit in while they watched their kids play, it felt really nice! Sadly, I didn’t have my camera but it was a lot of fun and nice to be out in town again. We’ve been spending far too much time stuck on base! My favorite two Japanese observations were these:

1. We went to the snack bar and found that we had two main choices, chicken nuggets or octopus dumplings. (I wish I could say I had tried the dumplings but a las we just got a sno cone.)

2. The main kids play area was didn’t allow you to wear shoes. When I took the girls to the bathroom they had plastic slippers laid out at the door for you to wear into the bathroom. It was so perfect. They had adult sizes that said "toilet" and kid sizes with Mickey Mouse, the girls loved it! The Japanese are really onto something here...I searched online and discovered this is normal and in most houses you would remove your house slippers and put on the toilet slippers when entering the bathroom. It makes perfect sense! I love it and just may buy myself a pair!

2 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! Do they come in all colors? Gosh talk about a clean people. like you said if you think about it it does make sense! Especially in the guys bathroom for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how clean they are! Seems like you are having a blast there! when do you came back to the u.s.?

    ReplyDelete