Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Stride

Back in May the whole family participated in an annual 5K race and kids fun run to raise money for the school district. Discovery Dental (Tom's brother's clinic) is the title sponsor for the event so the whole family comes out to support it. We were excited to be a part of it this year and the kids had a blast participating in their different age group races. They were in training for a few weeks leading up to the race and it paid off. Hayden and Danica both enjoyed the runs and finished near the top of their grade levels. Danica said she got a cramp while running but just kept going anyway! That's my girl!! My running buddy Teresa and I ran it together and crossed the finish line as the first two women. Tom and Dave did a little contest with the community saying that anyone that could beat them both at the race would get movie tickets. Tom tried to slow down a bit but still only managed to let a handful of people beat him. All around a fun morning! Each group got to stretch and warm up...Danica's so flexible! She loves her medal! 4th grade cousins! I got to run with Alyssa!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard that we both did blogs on the Stride on the same day. I had no idea you did it until I went to sundry seven after I wrote my blog. HAHA I love it!

    ReplyDelete