Monday, January 25, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Everyone is growing up around here...well, not everyone.

1.Hayden lost his first tooth!!! (A little late much to the dismay of his dentist/dad but I’m in no hurry for him to grow up!)
2. Danica has spent years watching Hayden turn into a reading machine and the bug has bitten her as well. She is obsessed with learning to read and begs me all day to teach her (no I am NOT complaining!) The other day she woke up and before even saying good morning she stumbled out of her bed and said “Mom, teach me to read!” In the car one afternoon she said, in one long hurried breath “Mom, I want a snack and I want to learn to read!” Needless to say I’ve been working with her and she’s doing great and can read simple words. It’s so fun to watch her excitement as she figures out each new word.
3. Alyssa is actually growing up and talking a ton and figured out how to get on and off the potty by herself (hooray!) but she is obsessed with pretending she is a baby. Her and Dani play all day a game revolving around her being the baby and Dani being the mom. Recently I got out a bassinet for our friends baby to sleep in when they came over and Alyssa insisted on sleeping in it- “I want to sleep baby bed!” Well on Sunday I gave in and let her take a nap in it because she was so insistent... imagine my surprise when I went to check on her and found that she had apparently gotten up and gotten a “toy” and climbed back into her baby bed... I don’t know who she thought was going to sneak up on her in her sleep but she was ready!

3 comments:

  1. that is hilarious. i love it.

    -alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks kinda tough with that gun!!! i needed a good laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay how do you two do it? You guys have the power of youth over there cause I am pretty sure you haven't aged at all. You guys look great. Your kids crack me up with the gun. Fun to catch up on you guys.

    ReplyDelete