Saturday, November 7, 2009

Life besides running...

There hasn't been much running lately. Tom came down with a sinus infection and ended up really sick most of the week. I felt sick to my stomach clear through last Wednesday but then finally hit the pavement on Thursday only to find both knees sore and tired. Oh well, it was nice a cool and felt great to be outside!

Okay, so what else have we been up to lately? Here’s a few highlights:

Hayden has his first loose tooth and is very excited! His school did a science fair and said that any grade could enter so he decided to do a project. I helped him pick something based on some homework he had enjoyed that involved doing surveys and making charts. He did a great job and learned a lot. Turns out he won first place for the 1st grade! Kudos Hayden!
Tom and I went to the Marine Corp Dental Ball last night. We hadn’t planned on going but the pressure came on and at the last minute Tom bought tickets. I didn’t have anything to wear, I borrowed something last year, and shopping is really tricky with the limited options here, not to mention if you want something that isn’t sleeveless! Finally, after much searching, two days before the ball I miraculously found a dress at an obscure little store off base. Of course it was sleeveless and I couldn’t find anything go with it so I came up with the crazy plan to make something myself, in one day. I went to the Japanese fabric store, found matching black satin and then found an idea online for a little “bolero shrug.” I managed to make it and was actually surprised with the results. Now I know I have an option when my girls hit prom age! I know I look so comfortable taking these pictures...but I wanted to show off the dress because it was such a miracle I found one here, I'll work on my "modeling" skills next year!

Alyssa is really beginning to do well at gymnastics and is enjoying it a lot. She’s learning a lot of great physical skills plus the idea of following directions and taking turns. Danica is a natural and has been asked to join an “advanced preschool” gymnastics class. I’m really proud of her and excited.
Danica and Alyssa are the best of friends and it’s fantastic. They play together all day and love it. Hayden had the day off school Friday so we went to this great in door playground for the first time. Everyone had a blast and it was so fun watching the girls do everything together!! They are more like twins all the time. Danica’s shoe size is only one bigger than Alyssa’s and they can wear the same shirts!
Due to Veteran's day there is no school or work on Tuesday, Wed, and Thurs of this week so we are looking at going camping or something fun. The weather has cooled down a bit and you won't have to put up with me whining about it anymore. It should be gorgeous from here on through March, it almost makes up for how bad it was...almost!

The primary program is next Sunday and I am so excited to be done with it because I am the chorister and have tried so hard all year to teach the kids the songs. I can't wait to just do whatever we want and sing some fun Christmas stuff. The stress of leading the music during sacrament meeting has me nervous already...oh well, we have enough wild kids that I am sure no one pay attention to anything else!

That's all for today, have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Your dress/jacket look awesome! Good job on the sewing skills. Oh, and your fancy toes look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....you are ambitious making something in one day:) It looks great! That is so sweet that your girls are such great friends....I hope Amy and Rebecca are close some day but I think right now Amy would be very happy if Rebecca went to live with someone else. Serious middle child syndrome.

    ReplyDelete