Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time to head home

Well our adventure here in the United States is about to come to a close and it's time for us go home to Japan. We've had a fantastic time here hanging out with family and doing something fun nearly every day. As expected, there are still tons of things I haven't done yet, no matter how long I stay I'll always run out of time! I need to go to bed so I can up early to pack so I will have to share all of the details when I get home. I am sad to leave but anxious to get back to Tom and back into the routine of our life. Two months is a really long time to be on vacation. Tomorrow my mom graduates from BYU and I am so excited I get to be here for this special day. It's something she's wanted for a long time and really worked for. After the graduation I have to finish up the last minute packing and we leave early Saturday morning. Please keep me in your prayers on Saturday as I attempt to travel home with all three kids by myself. I fly from here to Seattle, 2 1/2 hours, get my luggage and then check in for international travel on a different airline. We board the plane for Tokyo and spend nearly 12 hours in flight. Then we go through customs and such and get on the plane for the 3 hour ride to Okinawa. My biggest concern is juggling all the luggage through all the different lines while I have the three kids in tow.... oh boy, this will be fun fun fun!!!

Well on that note, I must rest and get ready!!! Stay tuned for awesome pictures and updates from the rest of our trip!

Happy Summer everyone!

4 comments:

  1. And I thought my flight itinerary was crazy! Good luck Tracey! I am sure you will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy the hassle but you have good kids and I'm sure Hayden will be a good help to you! I remember picking up Brooke with her four and all the mounds of luggage,. It is an adventure!!!

    Give your Mom my congratulations! What an achievement!

    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of you this morning!! Hope all goes well... you can do anything- you are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete