Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween


After planning to be princesses the girls changed their minds at the last minute and went as Superheros. I was so excited. When I saw these costumes I had to just ignore the price tag and buy them because they were so cute. Maybe next year I'll resurrect my old Wonder Woman costume and dress up with them. Alyssa kept telling everyone "I'm Wonder Woman, and I'm to the rescue!"

Hayden has loved Halloween ever since he was a toddler and LOVES scary things, although his imagination is so active now we have to be careful what he reads and watches or he'll have nightmares! He's not sure what his costume was, just that it was scary. He had a special glow stick mouth piece that was the final touch. We went up to the Air Force base because they were doing their trick or treating on Saturday night and Hayden's good friend lives there. His friend was a mummy so they walked around telling everyone they were the"Dead Group."
We saw this bat hanging in the tree above us while the kids were up at one of the doors! Real life decorations!

On Halloween night Hayden planned to scare all the trick or treaters. He did a fantastic job. He sat back on the porch and the kids reluctantly approached, not sure whether he was real or not. As they tried to take a candy he would reach out for them. So many kids screamed and laughed. Groups of people stopped to take pictures of him to remember the fun. Many Japanese families came on base and they just couldn't get enough of him, laughing and taking pictures. The next day I was helping the kids in Hayden's class edit their stories and one of the boys wrote about trick or treating to Hayden's house and getting scared. It was a successful year for him!! Here are the girls standing inside the front door trying to watch Hayden scaring everyone outside! (Alyssa had just gone potty and tucked her skirt into her undies...to cute to resist the picture!)

On an unrelated note:

We had a typhoon hit the island last Thursday. School and work was cancelled so everyone could be safely inside our bomb shelter homes. They are ugly but they sure are safe (as long as the ceiling isn't falling in due to termites). Anyway, the wind was really going and we worried but all of the things in our yard stayed safely anchored to the ground thanks to ropes and sand bags. But we did lose a big tree. The wind was so strong and constant it ended up just tipping over and roots came up!

Friday night we got a great group of friends together and went to do some Karaoke. We had a blast! On Saturday I went on a 46 mile bike ride by myself to help prepare for my bike ride. It's a week from this Saturday... I"m getting excited! I go to spin class a few mornings a week because I"m tired riding in the dark and then I go out riding while the girls are at preschool. I hope I"m ready! Either way, it will be an experience I am sure I'll never forget!

4 comments:

  1. Such cute wonder women! Your kids are dolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. If I don't comment before, have a great ride! I'm sure you will do fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable costumes...and I am just amazed at how grown up they all are. And you rode 46 miles? It seems like since we left Cleveland so many of our friends have gone crazy marathons, triathalons, and bike races. Truthfully, I'm impressed. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls look so cute (and tan)!
    OK, i'll be honest. Just seeing Hayden sitting there freaks me out. If I had walked up to your door I definitely would've screamed like a girl and wet my pants at the same time.

    ReplyDelete