Saturday, December 19, 2009

Team Ball-Field!

Introducing, the newest biathlon team! We decided at the last minute (literally decided the night before the race while we were cleaning up the branch Christmas party) that we would compete in a biathlon on the Air Force Base. The team required 3 runners and one biker. I actually rode the bike, despite my lack of experience, due to lingering knee problems. I have been diagnosed with IT Band Syndrome and am on no-running torture for 4 weeks...it's killing me because running is when I clear my head and have time to think and be alone and this time of year is so crazy that I need my running time now more than ever. I've been going to a spin class but long for the chance to just wake up and run without having to think. But that's another story... this one is about the fun we had doing the race! Randy and Melanie Ball ran with us and were awesome! Melanie nursed her baby, sprinted to the starting line, ran a fast leg of the race and got back to take her baby again so I could get ready to race! It was serious mom power! It was fun and we hope to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment