Sunday, May 17, 2009

Summer fun is here!

It’s already getting too hot and there are way to many spiders, I’ve killed three “baby” banana spiders and 4 large ugly brown ones...but we are doing our best to enjoy it before the heat is unbearable! The kids had a blast in the backyard on Friday. It was like a real water park with the water slide and sprinklers on the trampoline!
Saturday morning Hayden participated in the Armed Forces Kids Run, his age did the 1/2 mile. He warmed up, stretched and was awesome, next time he’ll have to do the full mile! Afterward he had his last soccer game and got a trophy so he was sooo happy! Good times!




Oh, one more funny thing: Alyssa and Danica look a lot alike and apparently Alyssa thinks so to because when she sees herself in the mirror she points and declares "Danica!"

The kids are still doing okay with Tom being gone but the fight for my attention, it's getting comical. Hayden and Danica constantly tell each other to stop talking because they want to talk to me! Isn't it great to be loved?

2 comments:

  1. Did you really post this blog at 5:30 in the morning?? With Tom gone I figured you'd sleep in just a little bit. :) How hot does it get in the summer? St. George hot only worse because of the humidity?? Well, I feel for you. It's why I am gong home for a month in the middle of the summer. :) Sorry about the spiders. It's the same here with our cockroaches. I despise them and they accompany the heat. I think you may have it worse... spiders are NOT my thing. Hang in there with Tom being gone. How much longer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So fun to get update on your guys! Your kids keep growing like weeds! I am so happy you had a good birthday! I was thinking about you on our day... and missing our birthday dinners! :) You really are amazing with your running! I can't believe you are doing a marathon! Is it your first? How long are you going to come to the states? You look amazing Tracey! You guys are so fun to go and do all the fun things there are to do while you are there! Always up for an adventure!

    Oh... and I have to mention, I can totally sympathize with the lego loss! I can't tell you how many times I've searched and searched for toys as we were leaving somewhere. Glad you found a replacement!

    ReplyDelete