Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Highlights!

Sorry the blog has been so dead lately. Our camera was broken and I made the decision to switch to blogger so I just wasn’t motivated to post anything. So, here are just a few of the highlights from the month of February:

Valentine’s day was fantastic this year. On Friday I surprised Tom with an hour long couples massage down at the gym, it was fantastic. On Saturday we got a babysitter and he blind folded me and put me in the car to take me on our date. After parking he led me, with my eyes closed (I took off the blind fold so people wouldn’t think we looked too crazy) to a bench. I sat down and after a minute he said I could open my eyes and I found a beautiful picnic spot on the beach! We enjoyed a nice dinner and a romantic stroll on the beach. It was awesome! He even brought the tripod to catch a picture of the the two of us but the clip was missing so we had to take pictures of each other!




On February 16th Tom turned 31!!! We had a fun birthday breakfast and opened presents. He had the day off work for Presidents day and we had planned to go to cool park but then it was too rainy. He thought that was the end of his birthday celebrations but Hayden and I had planned him a surprise party! At 4:00 he left to go TV shopping with his buddy who was pretending he didn’t even know it was Tom’s birthday. While they were gone all his friends arrived. We totally surprised Tom when he got home and we all jumped up to yell "surprise". We enjoyed a BBQ and fun night of Rock Band. I was amazed I actually pulled off the surprise!



On the 21st I went out with a bunch of my friends for a ladies night out. We went to Cocoks for an awesome foot massage and beautiful nail art! The Japanese have amazing skill in this department!


Then we went to Yoshi’s, a little sushi place that is very famous. Supposedly Yoshi is the original Iron Chef and the restaurant is plastered with pictures of him and the famous people who have come to eat there. I must admit I don’t do the sushi thing yet (I’m sure I will before we leave here) but I thoroughly enjoyed my Katsuban.

9 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of you and Tom from Valentine's. What a good looking couple - even separately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I think the blindfolded date is a GREAT idea. I think I'll just use silly putty on Barb's eyes and put two peas in the center so I don't get arrested for kidnapping or car-jacking. Secondly, I am really excited about coming over and trying out the great Japanese food and seeing your world. Can't come too soon. Kenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Your friends all look very nice. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I have had to redo our website numerous times because of issues. It gets annoying. I may end up switching as well. I'm so jealous of the fun parks. Your kids look like they are in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew and I still can't do the surprise thing- I guess it's just not in us. Happy Birthday to Tom. We're not getting old- we're just aging gracefully. You don't look a day over 20. :) (Which I guess means neither do I!) Alexa starts soccer this week- we'll see how it goes. She says she looks funny in her cleats and shin guards. Such a girl. And, I could tell which feet were yours by the shoes- I have those ones too... I guess we still have the same tastes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy, your new blog is so fancy! It looks really good!
    Happy Late Birthday to Tom! Way to go on the surprise party, it looked and sounded really fun. Wish we could have been there to rock out with you guys, we would have even helped kidnap the pizza guy.

    I loved your Valentines date, Tom needs to call Bren and give him a few pointers on how to do Valentines Day...I'm sure you remember how ours usually turned out, this year was even worse than usual. An hour long massage and a picnic sounds perfect to me, especially the massage!! How fun.

    Anyway, I'm glad you're managing to have lots of fun even through the February blahs...do you get those on a tropical island?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new blog. Your old one took forever to load up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blog! I have the same dilemma with our blog (don't tell BJ!) Blogger blogs are so much cuter and the comment thing i really annoying when it gets messed up. You might see us with a new blog one of these days ;). You guys look great and it sounds like you are doing well. Your kids are as cute as ever and growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sunset is beautiful! I really wish Erik and I could come out there... Sounds like you are all having fun! Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete